Janitor 1: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM $15.00 - $18.00/hour
Job Title: Janitor I
Exemption: Full-time, Non-exempt
Base Pay Range: $15.00 — $18.00/hour
Shift Time: 11:00 AM — 7:00 PM, Monday — Friday
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Who is Klauer Manufacturing Company?
Founded in 1870, Klauer was built on hard work, quality products and service. Klauer’s mission is to enable our customers in the building products industry to win through the quality, consistency, and predictability of everything we do. We have three locations in Dubuque, IA, where our goal is to provide a safe and family-oriented working environment for our employees. As a team, we maintain our mission through our cultural values and company priorities: safety, attitude, effort and accountability.
What can you expect from Klauer Manufacturing?
You can expect to feel part of the Klauer Manufacturing family, which is inclusive, regardless of gender, background, disability, or status. We offer a generous benefits package for all team members, including work-hour flexibility, health, vision, dental, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) retirement plan, 10 paid holidays, 2 weeks’ vacation, paid funeral leave, and paid jury duty.
Who are you?
Klauer is looking for solutions-oriented candidates to implement company strategy and objectives within their department. The goal is to promote cultural values and persevere through obstacles to achieve winning results for both Klauer and its customers. The Janitor I role possesses the qualifications and characteristics listed below:
- Self-motivated, proactive, and willing to roll up your sleeves when necessary.
- Able to operate resourcefully in dynamic environments.
- Organized, detail-oriented and proficient at follow-up.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to interact with team members and department heads with candor, tact, patience, and diplomacy.
- Basic janitorial skills.
- High School Diploma is preferred.
- 1 – 2 years of general work experience.
What does Klauer ask of you?
The Janitor I is responsible for cleaning and maintaining Klauer’ s three North-end locations and various equipment. In this role, you will champion the following:
- Remove and disposes trash, recycling, and other waste following the appropriate polices
- Assist with cleaning 3 facilities, including but not limited to toilets, urinals, partition walls, sinks, breakroom tables, countertops, floors, windows, mirrors, and countertops
- Maintain and fill soap dispensers, paper towels, toilet paper, and napkins
- Sweep and mop hard floors and vacuum carpeting.
- Wipe out microwaves, refrigerators, and freezers.
- Pick up garbage outside facilities.
- Use floor sweeper.
- Strip and wax floors
- Light dusting
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical demands for this job require standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, and stooping. Strength rating for this job is M – Medium work – exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for light work.
Class I – Medium (Dictionary of Occupational Titles 4th Edition Vol. I & Vol. II)