Manufacturing Shipping and Receiving Clerk – 1st Shift 7:00 AM –3:00 PM $21.34/hour – $23.91/hour
Manufacturing Shipping and Receiving Clerk
1st Shift- 7:00 AM- 3:00 PM
$21.34/hour – $23.91/hour + $2.00/hour Shift Differential
- 50 hours of unpaid time off each year
- Health Dental and Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Pension and 401k Retirement Plan
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Vacation within first year
- Paid Funeral Leave and Paid Jury Duty,
- WEEKLY PAY
Performs any combination of following tasks to receive, store, and distribute material, equipment and products within establishments:
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving, warehouse, and production areas to storage, staging or other designated areas by hand, hand truck, electric hoist or forklift.
- Sorts and places selected materials in racks, bins, containers, or on shelves in predetermined sequence, such as size, type, color, or product code.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and production and places orders on pallets, in racks, or containers.
- Packages materials together in a predetermined sequence using manual or automated banding equipment and manual or automated shrink wrapping equipment.
- Marks materials with identifying information using stencil, marking pen, bar codes or other marking device.
- Opens bales, crates and other containers, using hand tools. Records amount of items received or distributed.
- Uses computer, bar coding devices and scanning devices to enter records.
- May compile worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Uses forklift to load individual items, containers, bins, and racks onto trucks for shipment to customers according to order sheets, work orders or individual supervisory instruction.
- May maintain some inventory records.
Physical demands for this job require standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending and stooping. Strength rating for this job is M – Medium work – exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical
demand requirements are in excess of those for light work.
Class I – Medium (Dictionary of Occupational Titles 4th Edition Vol. I & Vol. II)